Repair or buy

Reaction score
I have a fried logic board on a Late-2013 macbook pro , 16gb i7 2.6ghz 1tb
repair cost is £700

I am looking at instead of a repair to get the low end latest 13" macbook air or perhaps low end 13" macbook pro.

The question is - is it a big step down in performance to go to the new macbook air from my old setup?
Thanks

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

The current Macs should be as fast or faster than your old MBP. I assume it was a 13" MacBook Pro?

It depends on what what your usage is. What kinds of thing do you use your Mac for?

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

The current Macs should be as fast or faster than your old MBP. I assume it was a 13" MacBook Pro?

It depends on what what your usage is. What kinds of thing do you use your Mac for?

C
Thanks Cory,
No, it was actually the 15". It was also working quite smoothly up until this problem.

I use it for some Photoshop, video editing and light 3d work. But my intention is to get a desktop for that soon anyway.
What I'm trying to work out is how long it will continue to last after the repair.

Is there a site to do a good benchmark comparison?

Thanks

Ask a Question