SOLVED Remove iCloud from all devices

Reaction score
As soon as I got a cell phone, iCloud appeared on all my devices. I also immediately was unable to share photos through Apple Mail like before. I have thousands of photos from my career as a costume designer and do not want to put those photos in the cloud. Can I remove iCloud from all my devices with no ill effects? Thanks for help

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Can you give us a little more information, as iCloud should not just appear on your other Apple devices without setting it up and signing into your Apple ID.

It sounds like you may be asking about iCloud Photos? If so, here is a link to a couple of Apple support articles that may help:
I personally don't use iCloud Photos, as I manage the few photos I take manually.

C

Reaction score
Thanks again Cory. All I know is that as soon as I got an iphone, the option of sharing photos started including icloud on the imac and would no longer share via mail. I did not know that there was a difference between iCloud and iCloud photos. I don't believe that I ever signed up for an icloud account, certainly not with an email associated, but will read articles and try to figure it out. According to user advice on iphone, memory is being used to store photos in icloud. So maybe I did agree to that, but have no record and have disabled icloud in all apps on phone that want to use it except photos. I am going to mark this question as solved because I just need to figure this out. As I wrote, the guy at Apple said that I could no longer share because my OS is too old, which got me on the other path of getting a later OS on a newer computer. Thanks for articles.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries...

Do a little research and let us know if you have additional questions.

C

Ask a Question