2.0 How do I recover files and folders deleted when I tried to remove duplicate's

Reaction score
I ran the Drill Disk program as directed but upon checking I noticed quite a few duplicates still on my Mac (550+ Gig). I ran the auto select and to my horror it has deleted all my files in Downloads, Photos, music, Documents and most of my apps etc. I don't know if it has deleted anything else. It has deleted the same files in my back up external hard drive so I cannot go to my backup to recover all my lost files. Any help in getting my deleted files and or folders back would be greatly appreciated. Note I am NOT really up on computers and how thing's work.
My time machine apparently is not running so I cannot utilize that as a solution! So can anyone please help me? All my files are in a trash folder, however I cannot seem to be able to restore my photos, document, or anything. I can pull and place it into a folder, but it will not allow me to fix or restore the picture folder, I was able to pull my music, but that is insignificant in want my photos and documents please?

Last edited:

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

It sounds like you had your Time Machine drive connected when you deleted the duplicates? If so, and it deleted the files from there too, the Time Machine drive will not be able to restore files deleted from your computer drive.

I would pull everything out of the "Trash" folder to a safe folder location. Because the Photos Library has a specific structure, you will probably have to manually re-import any photos you save.

Unfortunately, there isn't an easy solution here, and it is very difficult to assist remotely with this type of a situation. You may want to find a local Apple Store or other service that may be able to help hands-on.

Sorry for the spot you're in.

C

Ask a Question