Remote access into a PC desktop from my Mac

Reaction score
Hi
Can anyone recommend the best way to remote access from a Mac into a Windows 10 PC so that I can change settings/troubleshoot the PC? I’m using the latest version of Catalina. I haven’t been able to get Microsoft Remote Desktop to work and from what I’ve read in forums, others find it unstable on Catalina.

Thank you for any recommendations.

Reaction score
Well, you can use Microsoft Remote Desktop - that's very easy to use. This is a kind of TeamViewer / AnyDesk-application. Runs fine on Mac and hardly no set up needed
Find in App Store.

Reaction score
Hi
Can anyone recommend the best way to remote access from a Mac into a Windows 10 PC so that I can change settings/troubleshoot the PC? I’m using the latest version of Catalina. I haven’t been able to get Microsoft Remote Desktop to work and from what I’ve read in forums, others find it unstable on Catalina.

RemotePCSuite works well and they had been running a special offer recently. www.remotepc.com

Last edited:
Reaction score
I use AnyDesk because I use it professionally and the license is cheaper than other similar products like Team Viewer. I think Team Viewer is a little easier to use, however. Either one would be free to use non-commercially. However, I have only done it the other way around from what you want to do; that is, I have used it to control of a Mac from Windows so I don't know if there are any security permissions that have to be granted like there is when taking control of a Mac from Windows.

Reaction score
Hi

I use Remotix for all of my remote computer connections. I've used it for years and it works great. Does not require network configuration. Cross platform compatible.
John

Reaction score
But Remote Desk Top is totally free and works fine.

Reaction score
The OP said "I haven’t been able to get Microsoft Remote Desktop to work and from what I’ve read in forums, others find it unstable on Catalina. "

Ask a Question