Remote access plan B?

Reaction score
I'm using Teamviewer to remotely access my Mac. However, I've had a bunch of problems with it crashing and I have had to manually restart the program-but soon I will be traveling and won't be able to restart the program/computer. I was wondering if I could install an additional remote access software so that if TeamViewer crashes I can still get control of my mac and restart the program. Like a backup remote access program...Suggestions?

I tried changing the sharing option in system preferences and don't know if it's possible to have to remote access programs running at the same time, or have one backup program for the other, or what someone else would suggest. Any advice appreciated!

Reaction score
Remotely access the mac...basically I need to have Teamviewer open. Sometimes it crashes and I need another way to close and re-open the program.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
All of my suggestions above would allow you to control your Mac to restart TeamViewer.

Have you contacted TeamViewer Support to get to the cause of the crashing?

C

Reaction score
I'm a TeamViewer enthusiast, and I use it regularly among my Mac, my ex's Macbook, and my daughter's Win 7. I have never had any major problems, and they have been very good (albeit a bit slow) at investigating minor problems, as long as you cooperate when they ask you to follow their instructions about getting a .zip (log) file from the computer(s) involved. If you don't have the latest version, I'd start with that. If the crashes continue, contact Teamviewer -- they will help.

Just making sure: Is it Teamviewer or OS X that's crashing?

Reaction score
Thanks-Yes it is Teamviewer that's crashing. Seems to happen when two people from different locations are logged in at the same time and get the message that "a connection could not be established because TeamViewer is not running on the partner computer".

Once Teamviewer crashes...remote access with that computer is lost and the only way to get it back is to restart the computer/program manually. So I was looking for another way to control the computer as a backup-although I'm not certain I can use both at the same time because the mac that is being controlled may not be able to share the screen through TeamViewer and another program at the same time.

-Sam

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Does TeamViewer support multiple simultaneous logins to the same Mac? That may be the reason it is crashing, especially if both remote users are connecting to the same user on the Mac.

You will be able to control the Mac with another remote access app if TeamViewer crashes.

C

Ask a Question