Reduced Security Software Update Failed

Reaction score
I have created a boot disk for macOS Monterey Beta.

I reset my Mac and the OS loads in once it gets to 100% and reboots I get the message "Reduced Security Software Update Failed.

It seems to get to the end of the install and then I get this. Tells me to restart or retry, Retry does nothing! Any ideas?

Much appreciated in advance.

Reaction score
I downloded it from the internet. I should add I am having to use a PC to download and install. I have used Transmac to do this.

Reaction score
I have created a boot disk for macOS Monterey Beta.

I reset my Mac and the OS loads in once it gets to 100% and reboots I get the message "Reduced Security Software Update Failed.

It seems to get to the end of the install and then I get this. Tells me to restart or retry, Retry does nothing! Any ideas?

Much appreciated in advance.
It would help a lot if we knew your Mac specs. M1 Macs are more complicated to setup with external boot drives. Macs with the T2 chip require security settings changes to make this possible. What version of macOS is your Mac running?

How did you obtain the Monterey Beta installer? It should not be available any longer because Monterey 12.3 is now out of beta and new builds for 12.3.1(?) beta are not yet available. You may want to try downloading and installing the latest version from Recovery.

I have never seen this error, but the Reduced Security error could have been from downloading it with a PC. And you may want to hold off on installing macOS 12.3 because of majors issues with this version.

Ask a Question