QuickTime 7.11 "no picture" in Safari browser

Reaction score
Does anyone have a sure fix for making safari play QT inside Safari. It stopped working as soon as I updated QT. QuickTime works fine everywhere else.:rolleyes: :confused:

THANKS in advance,
GerryP

Reaction score
I'm not sure if yours is the same problem I had, but I fixed a QuickTime slideshow image problem in Safari by deleting the browser cache, deleting the related plist files (they recreate themselves automatically, although you might have to enter the serial number again if you have the pro version), and restarting Safari. Hope that helps.

com.apple.QuickTime.plist
com.apple.quicktime.plugin.preferences.plist
com.apple.quicktimeplayer.plist

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome,

does it happen on every page you visit with embedded movies ?

I have 7.1.1 and no apparent problems.

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Have you recently installed any other media player? You could try and check the settings to see if QT is the default player for all filetypes. I personally use VLC player as it plays more than the standard QT player.

Reaction score
Hey GerryP
I had exactly the same problem and tried all the fixes but in the end this is what worked like a dream for me. It's a copy and paste from Hal Itosis' post on MacFixIt:

Open your HD/Library/Internet Plug-Ins folder.
Drag the one with VLC in its name to your Desktop (so you can put it back if you want, I personally trashed it).
Quit and relaunch your browser and try the page again.

Ask a Question