Quickbooks for Mac

Reaction score
I am planning on buying a new Mac for my video business- time to go 4K!
I also need to run a few other applications, including Quickbooks. My accountant tells me QB on the Mac is problematic; especially if I need to send her my QB file when it comes time for her to do her magic. She's on a PC and doesn't think they talk to each other well. I can't really spend $3k on a Mac and then buy a new PC as well. What experiences/recommendations have you?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

I would guess QuickBooks Windows/Mac compatibility would depend more on which version she is running and which version you purchased. There are a few different versions, which support different functions. There is also QuickBooks Online.

If you didn't want to purchase a separate PC just for QuickBooks, you could always use Boot Camp or Parallels/Fusion with Windows, and install the same version she is running. But, that would end up costing about the same as an inexpensive PC.

C

Ask a Question