Problem with the display

Reaction score
Hello,

I have been suffering from a strange issue with my brand new MBA mid 2013 I bought it 6 months ago. Now it has a strange issue few weeks ago the screen display went black the display still works but the screen's backlight is off so if I used a torch I barely can see the screen.

I have searched deeply about this issue and I found out that many suffering from the same issue many says it's a hardware problem other says it's a software.

Due to being in a third country we don't have Apple stores here so to solve the problem temporarily I bought a Mini display port to VGA cable and connected my MBA to external screen, and thankfully it worked.

I have been using it for about a week until yesterday my external screen went black also!. It's showing showing the same issue I am facing with the MBA screen the display works but it's black.

It works for a few minutes then goes black, if I disconnected the cable and connected it again it works then goes black after couple of mins.

My software is up to date, I updated it last day. currently using Mavricks.

I don't know what's wrong with my MBA I feel that the device is trapped in a cycle of sleep mode. Unfortunately I don't have the option to go to Apple store so I hope that you could help me.

Reaction score
I bought it 6 months ago
It is very important to get this to an AppleCare Service centre, while there may not be a "Apple Store" in your country I would be very surprised that there are no AppleCare Service centers.

Ask a Question