Hello and help! Image display problems!

Reaction score
Hi, All:

I'm new to this group. I have a white 13" macbook that's around 4 years old. I have just started having problems with display images in the internet. They appear broken or as "tiling" as my computer-smart sister informs me. The computer appears to be working fine but I'll go to a website and it will not load properly the first time...it will show typed computer code instead of the usual images. Sometimes if I reload it's fine. But I'm getting some balkiness loading images or some images...and wondering if anyone else has had this problem and how to troubleshoot it. I did clear out my downloads to lighten the load on the memory. Is there any other thing I can do to troubleshoot/create more memory space? Oh, I don't use the computer for gaming, only web-surfing, writing, email, Facebook, etc. I ran my Sophos antivirus and nothing showed up.

Thanks so much in advance for any support/experience anyone can share.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Hi, try using another web browser like Firefox, Camino if you use Safari and try another user account to see if the issue persists there too. I'd suggest using a maintenance app like OnyX too, just run it from your macbook's Administrator account and don't touch the mac when OnyX is running. The options under Automation (tick the box next to "Execute Maintenance Scripts" if is disabled) t'll suffice and you'll need to reboot sometime or another. This reboot will seem to take forever but this is normal as several important databases are being re-created so just be patient. I don't know about the Antivirus program ... whether that's necessary or even useful in this case ??

Here's the OnyX link and make sure you download the correct version for your Mac OS:

http://www.titanium.free.fr/download.php?sid=5b4248cf339b25d7e3fd08ae91fd5ad4

Reaction score
Re: Hello and help! Image display problems!: thanks!

Hi, and thank you for your reply. It happens on Chrome, Safari and Firefox as well.I had so much trouble with Firefox I just got it off my computer which is too bad as it was convenient... I did try the resert PRAM or whatever it is: when you shut down computer, press the on button, and then simultaneously hold P, R, control and command keys and it seemed to have helped some. Another thing that happens is I get a lot of error messages going to pages. I will try your Onyx suggestion, thanks so much for your suggestion, much appreciated.

Ask a Question