Problem with Mac OS X v10.4 Tiger

Reaction score
I have a problem with my G5 Mac. I'm using Mac OS X v10.4 Tiger.

The problem is this: I was using Quark 6 and I accidentally pressed some keys that made everything extremely large and when I use my mouse the whole desktop moves. I shut down several times and when my computer starts up it looks like it's going to be okay and then as soon as it has completed the start up everything goes large again and the whole desktop moves when I use my mouse again. However, everything is working, it's just very hard to work like this. I hope you can help as I have an urgent project to complete.

Thank you

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome,

by the sound of it you have turned on "Zoom" in universal access...

try pressing command + option + 8 to set it back to normal size...

regards

Ric

Ric

Reaction score
From Debby via email:

Hi Ric thank you so much for solving my problem. I think I've spent 7 hours trying to solve it myself!! It's amazing how simple some problems are but can create such havoc.

I joined mac-help.com in desperation only a couple of hours ago. I'll definitely be using it again. I've put you in my favourites so you'll probably hear from me again if that's okay.

Thanks again for getting back to me so quickly and solving my dilemma. Now I can get on with some work.

Cheers
Debby

Ric

Reaction score
Hi Debby,

no problem !

Glad we could help. Please feel free to stop by any time !

regards

Ric

Ask a Question