Problem with Mac mail

Reaction score
Hello again!

You helped me so swiftly last time, I'm wondering if you can do it again ...

My iMac has just stopped getting any emails - I use Mac Mail, and I have three email addresses.
Since about the middle of December, it just tells me that there are no new messages on the server, but I know there are messages because I can download them on the pc. I can't find a way to tell the pc not to erase the messages from the server (I don't actually know if it does or not), but even if
it does, some messages should get through. I've sent myself a couple of test messages, and they get through, from Mac to Mac, and Mac to pc, but the half-dozen or so other messages that appeared on the pc (mainly from eBay...) didn't appear on the Mac.

I did install OnyX around that time - I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I went to the OnyX forums, but there was nothing about email, and I've run the Mac permissions repair. Can't ask the ISP for advice, because as far as they're concerned if I'm getting messages there's no problem. Anyway, they're notmuch use with Macs.

I've checked the Mac firewall - it's off, and both computers are plugged in to the same router.

So if anyone has any suggestions, I'd be very, very grateful.

I'm running Mac OS X v 10.3.9, and Mail 1.3.11, on an iMac 1.8 GHz PowerPC G5 - ok, it's not state of the art, but it's not that old.

Many thanks, and a happy new year to you all.

Linda

Ask a Question