Problem with files in the trash

Reaction score
I uninstalled Adobe CS2 and then installed Adobe CS3. This works fine.

Though I noticed there was a shortcut for one of the Adobe programs I never use (After Effects I think) in my toolbar, so removed it and it then went to the trash. Though now my trash won't empty.

In the trash it has two folders, one for Illustrator CS2 and the other for Photoshop CS2. Inside these folders there is a folder called Legal and inside that an .html file with a name including foreign letters. When I try to secure empty trash it says it can't as the item "Legal" is in use.

I am stuck as I don't even know what this is for?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Hello iGirl!

Have you tried restarting your computer then emptying the trash?

Cheerio
Searay

Reaction score
Hi Ric, I just tried that but it came back with this:

xxxx-xxxx-computer:~ xxxx$ rm -r /Users/xxx/Desktop/Adobe\ Photoshop\ CS2/ /Users/xxxx/Desktop/Adobe\ Illustrator\ CS2/
rm: /Users/xxxx/Desktop/Adobe Photoshop CS2//Legal.localized/Tiếng Việt.html: No such file or directory
rm: /Users/xxxx/Desktop/Adobe Photoshop CS2//Legal.localized: Directory not empty
rm: /Users/xxxx/Desktop/Adobe Photoshop CS2/: Directory not empty
rm: /Users/xxxx/Desktop/Adobe Illustrator CS2//Legal.localized/Tiếng Việt.html: No such file or directory
override rwxr-xr-x root/admin for /Users/xxxx/Desktop/Adobe Illustrator CS2//Legal.localized?

Any other ideas?

Oh, I also tried holding down the Option key (alt?) whilst emptying the trash and again it didn't work.

Reaction score
It won't let me delete them one by one. It won't let me move the .html file to the trash and it won't delete the legal file as it says it's in use :confused: :confused: :confused:

Ask a Question