Problem with disk permissions

Reaction score
Hello,

So, I was verifying disk permissions earlier and I noticed there was a huge amount of entries where permissions differed. I tried repairing them, but I still get the same problem when I run verify again. I might be tripping here, but I've noticed that my computer has been rather slower lately, so I don't know if it's related to all this.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

11s2i3l.jpg

Reaction score
Thank you.

It's odd, cos all the "should be drwxrwxr-x , they are drwxr-xr-x" entries I have originate from System/Library/CoreServices, which is not included in the list you provided. Hm...

Reaction score
I use Onyx to Repair Disk Permissions (on both of my machines), and I usually run it twice in a row to get everything "clear". That seems to work the best for me.

If I knew what OS you are using, I could provide you with the direct link to download the correct version (for your OS).

Reaction score
I'm using Snow Leopard 10.6.8.

EDIT: Never mind, I was able to find. The problem keeps persisting, but I think I'll just ignore it at this point.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've always wanted to see a comparative review of Onyx, Cocktail (not free), and CCleaner (looks like a very good product, and like Onyx, it's free!). Onyx has been out a very, very long time, always has had stellar reviews, and I have been using it what seems like forever! (I actually follow using Onyx by running the excellent Disk Maintenance/Repair program Tech Tool Pro. That's another one I must have, and have been using forever!).

But, glad to see you are using a similar (and most likely as good as Oynx) product. Too many folks think that a Mac can run forever without doing any maintenance, and especially without doing a backup!

Ask a Question