Preferred Network and Recent Item reset

Reaction score
I have a question, not a really big problem but just a little niggle that I don't understand. I put my home wifi network at the top of my preferred network list. It will stay there for ages but then for no reason drop to the bottom of the list. Does anyone know why this would be?
Also, under the General tab in System Preferences, the Recent Items which I set at 10 will sometimes reset to 0, and I have to change it and restart the computer to reset it.
I have a 2011 Macbook running El Capitan.
Thanks for any suggestions.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Not sure what could be causing those issues. Does it seem to happen very randomly, or after a software update/install? Also, does it happen more if you use your MacBook on an outside wireless network versus your home network?

C

Reaction score
Thanks for your attention. Yes, it just seems it be completely random. I open the computer most days and it's fine, then very very occasionally it will be on another network, I look at the Preferred Networks and mine has dropped to the bottom of the list. The Recent items thing is even rarer. Oh well, it's not as if it's impossible to live with, I just idly wondered if anyone had heard of it before.

Ask a Question