PowerMac G4: no display

Reaction score
Hey there,
46423-r_040601_bigMacb.jpg

I just bought a second-handed PowerMac G4, including keyboard/mouse/display. Everything was working well at the seller's place. However, when I got back home I didn't manage to get anything on the display - though the ON/OFF button is lighted up.

- The power cable is connected
- The cable of the display is connected to the mac
- keyboard & mouse are also connected and they both work

I know that the problem does not lie in the display - other displays don't work either when connected to the powermac. I've already tried zapping the PRAM, resetted the button (located inside the mac), and checked the little back-up battery - but it did not work. I've also removed the videocard & put it back again several times.

I think that the problem lies in the VideoCard - or otherwise in the main board. What kind of advice can you give me? Shoudl I just try and buy a new videocard to test it? Or are there other ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Hey there,
46423-r_040601_bigMacb.jpg

I just bought a second-handed PowerMac G4, including keyboard/mouse/display. Everything was working well at the seller's place. However, when I got back home I didn't manage to get anything on the display - though the ON/OFF button is lighted up.

- The power cable is connected
- The cable of the display is connected to the mac
- keyboard & mouse are also connected and they both work

I know that the problem does not lie in the display - other displays don't work either when connected to the powermac. I've already tried zapping the PRAM, resetted the button (located inside the mac), and checked the little back-up battery - but it did not work. I've also removed the videocard & put it back again several times.

I think that the problem lies in the VideoCard - or otherwise in the main board. What kind of advice can you give me? Shoudl I just try and buy a new videocard to test it? Or are there other ideas?

Thanks in advance!
If this happened to me, I'd bring it back and demand a refund or at the very least have the guy get it in working condition.

Ask a Question