Please don't be upset...

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I'm posting in the proper place or not. I'm really just looking for a bit of help and this seemed like the right place to go for it- that's why I ask that no one get upset. I know it can be annoying when people post on a forum without introduction or a clear understanding of where they are posting and why. It's just that I have an issue with my mac and google searches did not yield the results I needed (honest-I tried looking around). It's a relatively small issue, but one I would like a more informed person to explain to me. When I view the files in my trash bin, there are 7. When I select 'empty trash' it tells me 1,970 items need to be deleted. That's an awful lot of trash! It then begins the very long process of deleting 1,970 files.

After selecting "empty trash" and seeing what the computer was doing, I canceled the operation because I didn't understand exactly what was being deleted. Can anyone explain to me what's happening here? Perhaps it isn't a major issue but if 1,970 files are being deleted, I'm curious as to what nearly 2 thousand files those are. Thanks for any answers and again, I apologize if this isn't the right place to be asking.

Ask a Question