Photoshop Elements

Reaction score
I searched for a thread on this but didn't find anything. Point me to it if there is one.

I'm tired of fighting with Photoshops Elements. The older versions don't work with my upgrade to Catalina and the newest versions just baffle me. My needs are simple. I just want to add cats and such to existing Photo pics and some text sometimes. What is easier and simpler to use that works with Catalina?

Reaction score
Wow, I worked with GIMP for 4 hours just trying to add a text box to an existing picture. I couldn't get the pic file to open for an hour (I'm persistent), the text box fought me to keep the font 65 points and I had to work on "pencil" to draw a simple arrow to a spot on the pic. When I FINALLY managed to beat it into submission, it wouldn't save as a jpeg except like the original pic.

It seems to be a functional app. But there seems to be something I am just not "getting". The version I downloaded is 2.10.14. What am I doing wrong?

Reaction score
For saving an image as a jpeg or other format, use 'Export' or 'Export as' instead of save.

Reaction score
I'm trying gimp. It seems great except that the manual seems to bear no relation to what's going on on my screen, so I'm getting nowhere with learning how to use it. It's like I have the manual for a different version or something. Both the software and the manual are for gimp 2.10. Am I missing something?

Ask a Question