Which imac suits for Photoshop and Illustrator?

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm searching for a new iMac. I use Photoshop and Illustrator. Do you think a 27 inch 5k (2020) 3,3 GHZ 6-core i5/8GB/1TB SSD Radeon Pro 5300 4GB/Gbit will be a good choice?
Thanks in advance.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Yes, that is a great choice for the Adobe Creative Suite. Pretty much any current Mac will run them well. Of course, you will need to make sure the version of Adobe CS is compatible with the version of macOS you use on the iMac.

The main two things to consider are the amount of RAM and storage space. The more RAM you have, the better those apps will run and the more you can have running simultaneously. Storage isn't as critical, as you can always add external storage.

-What kind of budget fo you have?
-Do you already have the Adobe CS? If so, which version?
-Do you mainly only use Photoshop and Illustrator?
-How large are the files/how many layers in a normal project?

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Yes, that is a great choice for the Adobe Creative Suite. Pretty much any current Mac will run them well. Of course, you will need to make sure the version of Adobe CS is compatible with the version of macOS you use on the iMac.

The main two things to consider are the amount of RAM and storage space. The more RAM you have, the better those apps will run and the more you can have running simultaneously. Storage isn't as critical, as you can always add external storage.

-What kind of budget fo you have?
-Do you already have the Adobe CS? If so, which version?
-Do you mainly only use Photoshop and Illustrator?
-How large are the files/how many layers in a normal project?

C

Hello Cory,

Thanks for your reaction.
I will be working with the newest version of Adobe, and indeed only Photoshop and Illustrator.
The files vary from 10 to 250 MB.
The budget I have is around 2500 euros.

Maria

Ask a Question