Photoshop CS2

Reaction score
For some reason, my Photoshop CS2 9.0.2 keeps telling me that files in the App Support are missing and I need to reinstall it. The program seems to run fine, as long as I don't try to open any files etc via any route other than within Photoshop, file, open. (ie nothing happens if I double click a file and it open, or drag a file to the PSD icon in the doc)
I have reinstalled it twice, reinstalled the system done as many things as I can think of and am current in Adobe updates, as far as I know.
Does anyone know what this error is from + of course how to fix it?
Thanks! error image and version info attached below.

Attachments

• PhotoshopCS2 version.png
    PhotoshopCS2 version.png
    18.9 KB · Views: 459
  • photoshop error.png
    photoshop error.png
    23.6 KB · Views: 480

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

my Photoshop is the exact same version...

This is from the Adobe site...

Error "files in the Adobe Application Support folder... are missing" when you start Photoshop on Mac OS
Issue

When you start Adobe Photoshop CS or CS2 on Mac OS, Photoshop displays the error message, "One or more files in the Adobe Application Support folder, necessary for running Photoshop, are missing. Please run the Photoshop installer and re-install Photoshop."

Solutions

Do one of the following solutions:

Solution 1: Copy the Adobe Unit Types file to Library/ScriptingAdditions.

Copy the Adobe Unit Types file in the Previous System folder to [hard disk] /Library/ScriptingAdditions.

Solution 2: Create a new ScriptingAdditions folder, and then reinstall Photoshop.

1. Create a new folder in [hard disk] /Library and name it ScriptingAdditions.

2. Remove and reinstall Photoshop.

Solution 3: Make sure there is not a space in the ScriptingAdditions folder name.

Background information

If you use the Archive And Install method to upgrade to Mac OS X v10.3 or v10.4 after installing Photoshop in a previous version of Mac OS X, then the system doesn't copy the Adobe Unit Types file to the ScriptingAdditions folder. Reinstalling Photoshop restores the Adobe Unit Types file, which enables you to start Photoshop.

regards

Ric

Ask a Question