SOLVED Photos

Reaction score
I use my iPad Air 2 to record my wife’s dance performances. Then she transfers them to her Mac desktop. Somehow because of the way the two devices are connected a massive amount of third party photos that she downloads to her desktop have found a home on my iPad. Plus I can’t delete them.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Her Mac may be syncing them to your iPad if you are connecting it to transfer the videos. Is she connecting it via USB to her Mac?

Give us a little more information about the transfer, and we'll go from there.

C

Reaction score
Hello,

Her Mac may be syncing them to your iPad if you are connecting it to transfer the videos. Is she connecting it via USB to her Mac?

Give us a little more information about the transfer, and we'll go from there.

C
Thank you for responding. Yes, my wife is connecting the devices with a USB cable. Then she opens the video on the tablet and follows the prompts to transfer it to her Mac. When she is done the video in on both devices; so she's doing a copy as opposed to a move.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

It sounds like iTunes may be syncing other items when she connects it, which is why you are getting photos added the your iPad.

You may be able to avoid this by using AirDrop to transfer the video from the iPad to her Mac. Or, use iCloud Drive.

C

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. Now I know how to avoid this problem. But how do I remove these unwanted photos from my tablet?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries.

You may have to connect it again, then uncheck Sync Photos in iTunes to remove them.

C

Reaction score
It worked! I tried right after your 7/26/20 reply and nothing happened because I didn't do the unchecking correctly. I tried again today and it worked. All the unwanted photos on the iPad are gone. More importantly the photos remained on my wife's Mac. Thank you.

Ask a Question