Photos

Reaction score
I transitioned from Windows to Mac after one too many blue screens of death. Years of photos are stored in a photos folder on the i cloud. They are arranged in su-folders by topic. I can view them without issue. But, some need edited for brightness , red eye, etc. Nothing complicated. If I try to open a photo in Photos to fix red eye, it wants to import it and when edited will not save back to the original folder. It saves in the imported folder in pictures. How can I use Photos to open, edit, and then save it back to the original location from which it was opened.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which version of OS X/macOS?
-Which version of Photos?
-Are you using iCloud Photo Library - that could be causing the issue?

C

Reaction score
Photos Printing?

The following error box appears
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internet Connection Required
An Internet connection is required to
download larger versions of these items for printing
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OSX 10.15.5 and Internet is connected

I have checked HD with disk Utility and all ok
Photos 5

All size files and all sizes of paper

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

-If you use iCloud Photo Library, check to see if Photos > Preferences... > iCloud > iCloud Photo Library is checked, in addition to your iCloud settings in  > System Preferences... > Apple ID > iCloud > Photos.
-Is  > System Preferences... > Apple ID > iCloud > Optimize Mac Storage checked?
-How much free space is left on your drive?

C

Reaction score
Thank you Cory!
Your solution works perfectly.
I always readily instructions, but never saw any mention of you solution.

Reaction score
Hello,

-If you use iCloud Photo Library, check to see if Photos > Preferences... > iCloud > iCloud Photo Library is checked, in addition to your iCloud settings in  > System Preferences... > Apple ID > iCloud > Photos.
-Is  > System Preferences... > Apple ID > iCloud > Optimize Mac Storage checked?
-How much free space is left on your drive?

C
i still have the same problem even after doin the above

Ask a Question