Password Issue

Reaction score
I've had an iMac for almost 5 years and 18 months ago I purchased a Macbook Air using the same name as the iMac.

There doesn't appear to be anything on it that I have downloaded so this problem has only revealed itself recently when I tried to download Microsoft Office 365. I downloaded it first on my iMac and I'm allowed to download it onto 4 other machines so tried to download it on the Macbook Air but it won't accept the password.

I remember trying to download something else some weeks back and the same thing happened.

I updated to Sierra on 7th January without a problem so could this be the reason perhaps?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

-What password will it not accept - the Mac's password or your Microsoft account password?
-If it is your Mac user password, you cannot install anything or unlock preferences, correct?
-In  > System Preferences.. > Users & Groups > your user > Password, do you have Allow user to reset password using Apple ID enabled?

C

Reaction score
"Allow user to reset password using Apple ID" is enabled.

I am unable to unlock the padlock because it won't accept the password.

Reaction score
It's not the log in password I'm having a problem with it's this one.I know what it but it won't accept it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-14 at 16.29.11.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-14 at 16.29.11.png
    26.3 KB · Views: 190

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
That is your Mac user login password. If it doesn't work, try an older one if you recently changed it.

C

Reaction score
I haven't changed it. It's the same one I use for my iMac.

Do you think restoring the macbook to it's original settings would solve it?

Ask a Question