Outlook email OUT OF CONTROL!

Reaction score
For over a week Outlook has been suddenly removing the entire list of emails in by inbox and cheerfully advising me that I am "All done for the Day! Enjoy your empty inbox!" when in fact I have NOT finished!
When I try to get it back by clicking on Send and Receive, sometimes it will come back...complete with all the junk emails I had already deleted... to be deleted yet again. I have sent the same emails to junk more than six times!
In addition, Outlook send me messages saying "Cannot Create; Mailbox exists" for each of the mailboxes in the sidebar. I have never asked it to create anything at all... and sometime in the past it already had created duplicate mailboxes which are stuck with emails from 2021, 2022l , etc.
I spend whole days and nights trying to find support . Outlook only does online chats, and the Chatter disappears before ever doing anything about it.
Please help! I cannot live like this!

Reaction score
There could be several reasons for this issue. Firstly, it might be worth checking if your email account is correctly set up in Outlook. Sometimes, issues with syncing can lead to unexpected behavior like what you're experiencing.

You may also want to consider repairing your Outlook data files using the Inbox Repair tool (Scanpst.exe). This tool is designed to help fix issues with personal folders (.pst) files and can often resolve a number of problems.

Regarding the duplicate mailboxes, it sounds like there may be a synchronization issue between your local client and the server. Deleting the account from Outlook and then re-adding it might help resolve this.

Lastly, I suggest reaching out to Microsoft support again. I know it can be frustrating, but a different representative may be able to provide a solution.

Ask a Question