Outlook 2011

Reaction score
I switched recently from Entourage 2008 to Outlook 2011. I can't seem to find a simple way to jump directly to a distant date (future or past) without scrolling through each month of the calendar. OK for a few months but not to go back 2 years or more, which I often do.

Also, I can search for a particular item long ago but then how do I bring up the view of the entire calendar month? (Could do this in Entourage or iCal, which I still use while I adjust slowly to Outlook 2011).

THANKS!!!!

Reaction score
Under the Home tab, choose View Date icon. You can now quickly switch months to select a date. Plus, you can select Organize tab and then choose List icon to list all the items. Scroll through them to see an older item.
Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Thanks stephenlembert.

Your suggestion works fine for working forwards or backwards for a year or two, but what if I want to search the calendar back some 10 or 20 years ago, which I can't seem to do in Outlook 2011 on the Mac (but my Admin Assistant can do in the Windows version).

Ask a Question