OSX - XP Network help pls

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I realy could use some help on this.

I'm trying to set up a network connection between my OSX MBP and my XP PC.

Now their are a couple of unclear things for me.

The reason that i want this network is to use the HD's of my PC... So i can store all my movies for example on the PC, but stream them to my MBP.

Now the problem is the internet, i can get the network online... but over the internet, i don't want this. I want a direct connection between PC and MBP.

I'm using a hub... so i have my internet cable in the uplink, and two other ethernet cables from PC to Hub and from MBP to Hub.

But when i pull out the Internet cable, my network is gone to... so i presume its over the net. :p....

Both computers are in the wame WORKGROUP :p....

Now an other option was to do this over and cross over ethernet cable from PC to MBP.... this works but the strange thing is, when i disable my airport card, the network is gone to.... wich is strange cause my PC has no internet when i try it this way, yet, the network goes offline if i pull the plug out of my MBP nternet :s..

help plz....

Ask a Question