OSX on PC?

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I've just registered with the forum to find out if it is possible to install OSX on a standard All-in-One PC. Any reply appreciated - even if in the negative.
Cheers
Dave

Reaction score
Dave,

I just did a Google search with the words "os x on pc" and came up with several pages. The first hits seem to indicate it's possible. I did not read any of the articles, but it sounds you can get instructions via those articles.

Reaction score
While it is certainly possible to install OS X on non-Apple hardware, it is a direct violation of the End User License Agreement which may open you up to legal action on Apple's part. To date, Apple has not gone after individual hobbyists, but it has vigorously prosecuted clone makers (Psystart, e.g.) who produce PC hardware with OS X installed.

Reaction score
Thanks to both Egidio & cmcknight, I sort of assumed that as I have a multi-user OSX licence , installing it on a PC would be no different to installing it on an apple machine - in much the same way that apple users can now install windows on an apple machine. Thanks again I'll check both ideas out.

Ask a Question