Order of tracks changes when I transfer an album from Itunes to Ipod

Reaction score
I've a MacBook and a nano - last generation, not the latest. When I transfer one album - and it's just that single album - from itunes to my ipod the tracks get jumbled up; they arrive on the ipod in a completely random manner. It's very frustrating and I can't think why it's doing this. :eek: Shuffle and Repeat are turned OFF on both my ipod and in itunes; the order of the tracks on itunes is on the 'date added' column.

I've reset the ipod, cleared it completely, checked for new software, taken the album off and put it on again about three times now - nothing works.

It's so strange that it's only this album that has its tracks rearranged - and completely randomly, but always in the same random/bizarre order whenever I take the album off and put it on again. :confused:

Any help will be greatly appreciated - thanks in advance!

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
I've a MacBook and a nano - last generation, not the latest. When I transfer one album - and it's just that single album - from itunes to my ipod the tracks get jumbled up; they arrive on the ipod in a completely random manner. It's very frustrating and I can't think why it's doing this. :eek: Shuffle and Repeat are turned OFF on both my ipod and in itunes; the order of the tracks on itunes is on the 'date added' column.

I've reset the ipod, cleared it completely, checked for new software, taken the album off and put it on again about three times now - nothing works.

It's so strange that it's only this album that has its tracks rearranged - and completely randomly, but always in the same random/bizarre order whenever I take the album off and put it on again. :confused:

Any help will be greatly appreciated - thanks in advance!

See if this link offers any sanity:

iPod songs out of order?

Reaction score
See if this link offers any sanity:

iPod songs out of order?

Blimey!! It worked!! Many thanks Spawn Dooley, I am now a relaxed and thoroughly happy iPod user!! Brilliant!

I am surprised though that this wasn't done automatically. I'd have thought Apple would realise this potential problem and tackle it before it emerged - that's what they seem to do best. I actually converted to macs from pcs because I bought an iPod and I was so impressed by its simplicity and user-intuitiveness that I ditched my pc and bought a mac. This sort of problem seems distinctly un-Apple. Unless I was being stupid, of course, which is a distinct possibility.

Many thanks again Spawn Dooley,

Phil

Ask a Question