Opening password protected IPAD

Reaction score
My cousin passed away and the family left me with her computers. Unfortunately, am used to PCs and have to learn about MACs now. This is an A1395 IPAD but I do not know how to replace or bypass the password that my cousin was using. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

First off, we are sorry for your loss...our sincerest condolences.

That is an iPad 2 (Wi-Fi) which can run a maximum of iOS 9.3.5. As Apple's security is very tight, there isn'y any way to bypass it to access the iPad as it is. The only way to gain access and use the iPad would be to completely erase it and set it up as new. There may actually be two hurdles - a four digit device passcode, and an iCloud account being signed in on the iPad.

If you cannot find the passcode, or the iPad becomes locked because of too many failed attempts:
If you forgot the passcode on your iPad, or your iPad is disabled

After erasing the iPad, you may be prompted for an Apple ID password during setup:
If you're asked to enter your Apple ID and password while you're setting up your iPad, learn what to do.

Unfortunately, it may be very difficult to deal with the Apple ID issue due to Apple's strict security/privacy policies, since the account doesn't belong to you.

I hope that helps a bit,

C

Ask a Question