Open website and complete task within site - Automator

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Im new around here!

Heres my situation -
Work has implemented a new system for us to clock in and clock out, and they have limited access to the site where we clock in/out to one specific computer. I chose to have them setup my iMac. Only problem is, I travel a lot for work, and always take a different computer with me depending on where I am going. Most of you are probably thinking just remote desktop into your iMac and clock in/out through that... Problem is, work doesn't allow us to remote desktop into our machines for security purposes.

After a bit of searching around, I found this utility called Automator. Heres what I want to do with it:

I have my work phone, and my Mac is tied to my personal phone. So i'm thinking if I can text my personal phone number from my work cell phone (iPhone), it would open this webpage and login to it. Depending on the text I send, it would either clock in or out.

I have it setup to currently open at a certain time and login, but thats based on time and my arrive/leave times are very inconsistent.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I really don't think that would work, and if it were possible, it would be a HUGE undertaking to code it.

If you travel a lot for work, they will have to provide a custom way for you to either access that computer from the road, or have a copy of the time clock system that is portable/remote.

C

Reaction score
Thanks for your response, Cory!

It is starting to really sound like a lot of work - especially more than its worth.

Ask a Question