old shooter games for mac?

Reaction score
I just registered to this cool-looking website, and I need help. I have recently purchased a mac osx and I'm attempting to run old shooter games such as doom doom 2 and hexen. All of them wouldn't work and I get a message saying that "it is not supported on this system." I was able to run hexen 2 heretic 2 and sin however. Is there a way I can "support" the games?

Reaction score
You could try restarting in OS 9 if your computer is old enough to still support that... if not, try running the games in Classic Environment.

Reaction score
I think I will need that "classic environment" because my osx is a 10.4.1 version, but I don't even know what classic environment is. I think I have no choice but to install parallel windows platform. But tell me what you think and thanks for the reply.

Reaction score
Well why don't you first see if your computer has the old 0s9 startup disk. Go to system prefernences, then go to startup disk and see if you have the option of OS9, it might. If not you when you try to run an old os9 program your computer should automatically open classic.

If that doesn't work, give this a look; http://www.apple.com/support/tiger/classic/

Hope that helps a bit.

Later

Ask a Question