Office and Firefox Conflict on Mac OS X

Reaction score
Hi all, I wonder if someone could help me.

I work for a small business and we have several Microsoft Office licenses all of which are assigned to just one Mac however a few of the staff are having issues in that they can not use Office and the internet at the same time.

When they try to go onto, say Word for example, a message appears saying 'another person is using this version of Office' and we have established that if the airport is then turnt off the version of Office can indeed then be used.

Obviously being a pain for staff who need to use Firefox and Office at the same time. Can anyone suggest a solution? I have checked everyone's product keys and they are all different so I dont know why there would be a conflict.

Reaction score
Hi and welcome,

Are all the Mac`s running the same OS X?
If OS X 10.9 check FF for updates, regarding MS office I have never used this, but suspect if you are running Office for mac 2011 have seen many posts regarding issues.

EDIT:

Try using Safari and Office as a test.

Reaction score
several Microsoft Office licenses all of which are assigned to just one Mac
This is not how it works. Each Mac must have it's own license, I don't know how you could have applied just one Mac more than 1 license.

With iWork, Pages, Number and Keynote (now all free with a new Mac) you can run them on up to 5 Macs.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
I think Kirsty meant they have several licenses, and each has only been used on one Mac...i.e. 5 licenses, 5 Macs. That is why they are confused on why the conflict is happening.
C

Reaction score
Just asked a friend and the reply was that both Office 2008 and 2011 are compatible with OS X 10.9 Mavericks. If this is indeed the OS X the OP`s co workers are running.

Ask a Question