OBS Won't install due to an error? (Open Broadcaster Software)

Reaction score
Whenever I try to run the installer I'm greeted by an error that says to contact the developer and won't install OBS.

(Currently helping a friend with this, I know they have an iMac but i've never used a mac before..)

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which model Mac?
-Which version of OS X/macOS?

I am not familiar with Open Broadcaster Software, but it looks like it support macOS Sierra 10.12 or later. You may be running into Apple's Gatekeeper or System Integrity Protection (SIP) during the install, which requires you to "approve" macOS to install non-signed installers by clicking in System Preferences... > Security & Privacy. Also, make sure you are running the latest version of OBS - 25.0.8, as it is actually a signed installer and 64-bit version.

Let us know if that helps,

C

Reaction score
thing is, my buddy isn't the most tech savvy, so getting this info will be a bit difficult.

and i've read about the non-signed developer thing and it seems its not that. ill try to ask for a screenshot.

Ask a Question