Numbers version 4.2

Reaction score
Forum Members,

I'm new to numbers and would like some assistance in using conditional formatting.

What I have done:

Looked at various you tube videos and read forums in order to find help.

Problem:

I'm building a sheet to track due dates.

1. need to track 45 day mark, 60 and 90 day mark, from initial notification
- First cell to the following (G16+45), this will give me a date which is 45 days in the future form the initial notification date.
- second cell is set to (G16+60), this will give me a date which is 60 days in the future from the initial notification date.
- Third cell is set to (G16+90), this will give me a date which is 90 days in the future from the initial notification date.

-if the initial notification date is 15 July 2017, numbers give me a 45 day of 29 Aug 2017; a 60 day of 13 Sept 2017; and a 90 day of 13 Oct 2017.

Show date: is the date an individual shows up

2. Conditional Formating (need help with)

1. If current date is equal to or greater than 45 day mark then strike out and fill blue
2. If current date is equal to or greater than 60 day mark then strike out and fill orange
3. If current date is equal to or greater than 90 day mark then strike out and fill red

if show date is less than 45 day mark then stop rules 1-3 as stated above
if who date is less than 60 day mark then stop rule for 90 day mark (3) but still strike out 45 day mark
if show date is less than 90 day mark then stop rule (3) but still continue with rule 1 and 2
if show is not inputed on the 90 day mark then apply rules 1 through 3 and input "stop" on cell containing show date

thanks in advance

77XX

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I think these conditional highlighting rules should do the trick:
condhigh.png

The trick is to order them from last to first, which "stops" the previous rules as you stated.

Download the Numbers file here: duedates.zip

Is that what you are looking for?

C

Last edited:
Reaction score
Cory,

Thank you for your reply.
The show date and notification date should be inputted manually and is the driving factor for the other dates.

I tried using the dollar sign in front of the cell name while writing the conditional format but did not get the result I was looking for.

Conditional Formatting One:

If the show date “9/15/17 (C2)” is greater than or equal to the 45-day mark (D2) then strike out D2 and not the 60-Day mark (E2) and 90-Day (F2).

The rules would then stop for this condition.

Conditional Formatting Two:

If the show date “9/15/17 (C2)” is greater than or equal to 45-day mark (D2) then strike out D2

And greater than or equal to 60-Day mark (E2) then strike out E2 but do not strike out or color code F2

The rules would then stop for this condition

Conditional Formatting Three:

If the show date “9/15/17 (C2)” is greater than or equal to 45-day mark (D2) then strike out D2

And greater than or equal to 60-Day mark (E2) then strike out E2 and greater than or equal do F2 then strike out and color code

Add word “STOP” to G2

The rules would then stop for this condition

Conditional Formatting Four:

If the show date has no date entered manually because 90 days have passed then strike out all dates and

Add word “STOP” to F2

or should this be written with and IF statement?

Attachments

• Example 1.png
    Example 1.png
    38.7 KB · Views: 270
  • Example 2.png
    Example 2.png
    36.6 KB · Views: 268
  • Example 3.png
    Example 3.png
    33.2 KB · Views: 263
  • Example 4.png
    Example 4.png