NUMBERS IS A CONUNDRUM !!!

Reaction score
Dear Hearts, I've used a Mac since 1986 (System 6.8). SPREAD STEETS: Used EXCEL, APPLE WORKS, etc. Designed my own spread sheets, scheduled vender delivery dates for 4 years for components for ElectroCom Automation's 'Multiline B' Machines that sorted the Mail for the US Post Offices .
This Apple Pro Tower 5.1, is running High Sierra 10.13.6. But Numbers is such an un-intuitive, vague, confusing, maddening excuse for SW. Even "OPEN OFFICE" S.S.'s is a time waster.
Just want something simple to set up like EXCEL or APPLE WORKS was. I've searched the APP Store & Safari on the net. They even run you around
in circles when you try to buy Excel for High Sierra. Don't want to mess with any iCloud CRAP. Do I have to pull out an old Quicksilver and use OS10.5.8 to
use Apple Works for a Spread Sheet ?
"If you think. a computer is saving you time; I have a couple of under water swampland lots that you might be interested in buying." ~The Ole Curmudgeon

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

If you have a Google account, I would try using Google Sheets within Google Chrome - part of the G Suite from Google. It is an excellent, free spreadsheet solution, that has built-in backup and sharing capabilities.

C

Reaction score
Not sure why you are having so much trouble finding Excel for purchase. I did google searches for "Excel 2016 for Mac" and "Excel 2019 for Mac", and Amazon has PLENTY of choices. I will agree, though, that it is difficulty to find just Excel by itself for sale. The Microsoft site does have it, but it is expensive.

Also, the Calc Spreadsheet module of LibreOffice has served me well. However, my spreadsheets are not that "exotic". But the modules of LIbreOffice have the most formats available (more than OpenOffice).

Ask a Question