Numbers Image Insert

Reaction score
Okay, I want to add an image to just one cell of a spreadsheet on my Mac, so that it is confined within that one box but can be expanded by clicking on it. I managed to add the image but it covered half the spreadsheet and I can't find a way to keep it within the same sized cell as the rest of the spreadsheet. Can anyone help?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I have tried something similar before, and I don't know of a way to basically insert an small/thumbnail of an image in a cell and have it be clickable to see the full resolution.

Can you give us a little more background on what you are trying to accomplish?

C

Reaction score
Can you give us a little more background on what you are trying to accomplish?

I had been using invoice software (Paperless) for quite a few years and it went belly up when I upgraded to Big Sur. Despite contacting them, and trying various suggestions, it just won’t open and all eight years of library items has disappeared.

Eventually I gave up and decided to see if I could build a simple spreadsheet where I could store a summary of each invoice and attach an image to refer to for all the rest of the info. I built a small practice spreadsheet but I can’t get the image to hide behind the cell allocated yet I know it can be done with Microsoft spreadsheets simply by dragging the image into the cell. I’ve tried searching online for a way to do it but the only guides available seem to be for older versions of Numbers and the options referred to aren’t there any more. It seems such a simple requirement that there surely must be a way to achieve it, especially since the option to add images is in the Numbers menu.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

Yes, Pages is Apple's version of Word...you should already have it if you have Numbers. ;)

C

Reaction score
Hi,

Yes, Pages is Apple's version of Word...you should already have it if you have Numbers. ;)

C
I've had a look at Pages. Whilst it does have a template for preparing invoices, it's not what I need it for. I only want to store the invoices issued to me in a way that is clear and easy to find, with an actual photocopy of the invoice attached to the entry. This was exactly what Paperless allowed so it has been a real loss to me, as well as all the historic entries that have gone too.

Ask a Question