Numbers weirdness

Reaction score
This is a screen shot in Numbers 10.1. It appears that the entire sheet has another copy of itself overlapping (look along the top and the left side). It's only happening in this one tab of this one sheet. What's going on?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 11.02.45.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 11.02.45.png
    229.8 KB · Views: 118

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Yes, that is strange.

Maybe try duplicating the tab and see if the issue appears on the copy?

C

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK.

I would make a copy of the Numbers file, and troubleshoot with it, so your original stays intact.. You could then try selecting the entire table, copy, make a new tab, and paste it. See if the issue is corrected.

C

Reaction score
Pasting in a new tab solved the problem! I don't get what was causing it - maybe an artifact of importing the file from Excel?

Speaking of which - I was using Excel until I got a new Mac and I couldn't run my legacy, bought version of Excel anymore and didn't want to subscribe to the new version. There's one thing I really miss about Excel that Numbers seems to be incapable of: cutting some selected cells and pasting them in a different location, so that other cells are pushed down or to the right. If I try that in Numbers, it just pastes over other data rather than moving it out of the way of the pasted data. Am I missing something, or does Numbers simply not have that function? It makes the spreadsheet a little hard to use for me.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Excellent - glad that worked! I would just chalk it up to computer voodoo. ;)

Not sure about the copy/paste of cells....I will look into that. The one thing that I love in Numbers over Excel is that you can click and drag rows/columns to reorder them without having to cut/insert. I have also become fond of Google Sheets in the past couple of years.

C

Ask a Question