SOLVED Scatterplot in Numbers

Reaction score
Happy New Year in good health!
Problem:
MAC: Numbers: I managed to obtain a scatterplot with 2 y-axes and a common x-axis. The data are represented OK; the set using the left y-axis is represented by points, but the set using the right y-axis is represented by columns. How do I replace te columns by points (with a colour different from the first set of course)? I could not find how!
I run Numbers version 6.2.1
Thank you in advance, Dirk

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Is it possible to upload a screenshot or two to illustrate the issue visually? That may be easier to determine a solution.

C

Reaction score
Thanks for your answer Cory, You can imagine I continued trying to find a solution myself. I took 'some' time but I learned a lot. And I found what I wanted. If you click on the plotted data points in the Number graph, you'll find to the right of the window a column with the choices Chart, Series and Style. Under series you have then the possibility to choose 'Show Series as' offering a choice between with 3 small images representing columns, data connected by lines and a 'mountain profile' respectively. It was the second cjhoice that I was looking for. In fact there are a lot of nice choices to be made. Maybe I'll need these in the future! Thanks again! Dirk

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries...

I am glad you found a solution, and sorry it took us so long to respond. Thanks for posting what resolved your original question...it may benefit others in the future.

Be well,

C

Ask a Question