SOLVED Stock Market info entered in Numbers

Reaction score
I know how to generate an individual stock price into a cell in Numbers using the STOCK function. Does anyone know how to enter live or even last closing price for whole markets e.g. Dow Jones Industrial Average, NASDAQ or S&P 500.
many thanks.

Last edited:

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I believe you can only enter NASDAQ and NYSE stock symbols...I don't think that indexes like the Dow Jones Industrial Average, S&P 500, and NASDAQ Composite can be entered. The same goes for Google Sheets and Microsoft Excel.

I will look into it a bit further and let you know if I find anything.

C

Reaction score
I am in Thailand, I get the full Thai stock Exchange live (10am -12.30pm & 2.30-4.30pm) on Firefox, its the SET own web page called 'Streaming'. But to transfer to any data to a spreadsheet would have to be done manually. Oh to see there web-page you have to hold shares on SET. Trading is live and very low charges.

Reaction score
Thank you for your help in this - I may have stumbled on something.
If I enter
=STOCK “^DJI”
=STOCK “^IXIC”
And
=STOCK “^GSPC”

I get a value which is the previous close for the DJIA, NASDAQ and the S&P - doesn’t work without the ^ - got that from looking at iPhone STOCKS app. If you tap on the cell with the formula you get a pop up with that market’s details

1623090085784.jpeg

Last edited:

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Wow...nice find.

Glad you found a soliution, and thanks for sharing!

Be well,

C

Ask a Question