Folding a long table in NUMBERS

Reaction score
Dear Helpers!
I make scatterplots using NUMBERS. These - as you probably know - are prepared bij first making a table - on which these plots are based - containing values x and y values (for 1 or 2 y-axes). But these tables sometimes become very long because of the number of columns needed (imagine e.g. one column for every day of a year!) whilst containing only a few lines. Is there a way to fold or cut such a table into parts (fitting a page for instance) without affecting the resulting scatterplot based on the complete - fold up or cut into parts - table?
Hope you know, and thanks for your suggestions Dirk

Reaction score
Thanks Lufbrarunner! You run (in Loughborough?), but not away from problems! I prepared a nice sample file for you, but when I try to attach it, the filename is grey, and I cannot choose it. It is apparently because .numbers (and also .pages-) files seem not to be compatible with the Mac Help forum software(?)
I could try to do 'Export To': pdf, excel, etc. What would be most compatible for you?
Thanks and sorry for the hassle
Dirk

Reaction score
Here's one. In pdf. Excel was not accepted as an attachment. Hope you can tame it! Dirk

Attachments

• table for folding test.pdf
    340.2 KB · Views: 86
Reaction score
Apologies, unfortunately the idea I had for this did not work properly. There may be a way to do it with Applescript/Automator. I will do some research

Ask a Question