SOLVED Is CURRENCYCONVERT broken In Numbers?

Reaction score
For the last few days I have been getting an error message on a Numbers spreadsheet using CURRENCYCONVERT - I have not changed the formula recently. When it first started it only effected USD to GBP, but now it effects USD to CAD and to EUR.
676F710F-66BF-4AB4-96EB-01F158D7F58D.jpeg

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

-Can you update the currency exchange rates in the Calculator app?
-Have you tried creating a new Numbers document and manually re-entering the formula in it to see if the issue happens?

C

Reaction score
I tried a fresh spreadsheet but got the same response. I don’t have currency options on the Calculator app - is that a premium option?.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hmmm.

In the Calculator application, type in a dollar amount, click Convert > Currency... in the menu bar. Then choose your currency tyoes - You should see the last update listed in the bottom of that window.

I tried it in Numbers here, and I get an error as well.

C

Reaction score
Sorry but I don’t have a menu bar or a currency option in Calculator - I’m using an iPad

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

I moved the thread to the iPad forum, as I thought you were on a Mac - guess I should have looked closer at your screenshot! ;)

Correct - there isn't a menu bar or currency converter in the iOS Calculator apps.

Still trying the formula, as I get the same error in Numbers on my Mac.

C

Reaction score
Seems to be working now, some other forums said the problem was with a Yahoo Web Service which would make sense, the data has to be from a regularly updating source. If it works for you we can mark this as solved.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

Yes, just tried it and it is working again.

It does make sense, since Apple gets its currency rate for the Calculator on Macs via Yahoo!

Be well,

C

Ask a Question