Not too smart!

Reaction score
  1. Earlier this week I did something really dumb. I upgraded to OS 10.11, (I wanted OS 10.1) El Capitan from OS 10.9.5. Mavericks. It went well, I thought, except I wanted to upgrade to 10.1.1. I do some freelance editing using FCPX 10.0.6 and that was "Not too Smart" because I didn't realize it but FCPX 10.0.6 does not run on El Capitan and (you probably guessed it) I didn't back up OS 10.9.5 or FCPX. I believe the earliest version of FCPX I can run is 10.1 and it costs $300.00 which is too much for me at this time. Is there anyway I can revert back to Mavericks even though, as I said, I didn't backup OS 10.9.5? or should I try torrent to upgrade to FCPX 10.1? Luckily I only have one project to finish and I can redo it on an associate's system. But like I said I feel really dumb, if "you guys" can help me through this I would really appreciate it.
Chuck

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Sorry it took us sol long to respond.

If you have Final Cut Pro X 10.0.6, you should be able to update it via the App Store to the latest version 10.2.2, which is compatible with Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan.

Using torrents for software is never advised, as authenticity and proper licensing can never be verified.

C

Reaction score
Cory is correct about upgrading. However, you took a big step in jumping from the last version of Mavericks, V10.9.5, to the first version of the "somewhat problematic" El Capitan, OS 10.11. I would have moved up to Yosemite first, given how stable it is. As it is, there is (and has been, for about 2 months) a 10.11.1 upgrade that's in beta testing. It's never been clearly stated what issues that upgrade is dealing with, but it is sure bothersome that it came out about 6 weeks (or so) before the official release of OS 10.11 on September 28th. I actually am waiting for just one more piece of software to be upgraded for 10.11, Tech Tool Pro. But, even if it comes out, I am leaning towards waiting for the 10.11.1 El Capitan release before upgrading from the last version of Yosemite, 10.10.5, that I am using (and running very, very smoothly).

Last edited:

Ask a Question