No longer able to network with my windows PC

Reaction score
Hi, I have a small home network 1 windows laptop and 1 windows desktop and of course my macbook pro. I was sent a new router a couple of weeks ago by my ISP and now I am unable to connect my Macbook to my windows machines. I've double checked everything and can not understand why it will no connect. It see's the windows machines but when I click on connect is says "connection failed" my windows laptop and desktop connect with each other no problem. All my network settings on my windows machines are correct as i've been networking since the days of windows 95! I'm just wondering if the router is at fault here or my macbook pro!

my router is a Zyxel VMG1312-B10D and my windows PC's are on windows 10 pro.

Screen Shot 2016-09-01 at 11.14.19.png
Screen Shot 2016-09-01 at 11.14.52.png

any help will amazing. I'm fed up walking around with my USB drive transporting files between computers! :)

Reaction score
why would I try Bluetooth, I want my network to use the home network which is LAN/WIFI.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Since the router is the only device that has changed in your network, that would probably be the root of the cause.

-Does your ISP allow you to change settings in the new router?
-Have you double-checked (disabled/re-enabled) sharing settings on the Mac and the PCs?
-Have you simply restarted all of the computers on your network?
-Have any of the PCs/Macs had any other software updates around the time this stopped working?
-Are the Shared devices hidden in the left of the Finder window - i.e. hold your mouse on the word Shared and see if Show or Hide appears to the right?

C

Ask a Question