No device connected ???

Reaction score
When I connect my Thunderbolt 2 to my mac this is what I am getting......

No device connected

I upgraded to Mojave recently so I am baffled any help would be gratefully received.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello.

-Which model Mac?
-Which version of OS X/macOS?
-What Thunderbolt 2 device are you trying to connect - external hard drive? Brand/model?

C

Reaction score
OS 10.14.6
Mojave
Gofanco mini display port video dock with USB LAN hub.
External.

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

Which model, as there are several? Maybe a link to the model on their site?

C

gofanco Mini DisplayPort (Thunderbolt 2) Video Dock/Docking Station with HDMI or DisplayPort, USB 3.0 and Gigabit Ethernet for Surface Pro, MacBook and PC - Thunderbolt 2 to DP or HDMI Adapter Hub

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks...

And which exact model is your Mac - it isn't a MacBook Pro 2015 by chance? Model can be found in  > About This Mac.

C

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

I assume it was working before you upgraded to Mojave, correct?

As far as I can tell, the gofanco® Mini DisplayPort Video Dock with USB 3.0 LAN Hub was designed more for portable devices than desktops. I see on their website that there is only a driver for the Gigabit Ethernet Interface (v1.0.19), the other ports/functions should work without any additional software.

The only troubleshooting I can recommend, as I am not familiar with their products, is the following:
-Make sure you install the latest Gigabit Ethernet Interface (v1.0.19) driver from their website
-How to reset the SMC of your Mac
-Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

If none of that helps, it may be best to contact their Product Support directly.

C

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

I assume it was working before you upgraded to Mojave, correct?

As far as I can tell, the gofanco® Mini DisplayPort Video Dock with USB 3.0 LAN Hub was designed more for portable devices than desktops. I see on their website that there is only a driver for the Gigabit Ethernet Interface (v1.0.19), the other ports/functions should work without any additional software.

The only troubleshooting I can recommend, as I am not familiar with their products, is the following:
-Make sure you install the latest Gigabit Ethernet Interface (v1.0.19) driver from their website
-How to reset the SMC of your Mac
-Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

If none of that helps, it may be best to contact their Product Support directly.

C
Many thanks for all your support I will have to contact their Product Support directly. as its still not working.

Ask a Question