Why does Airport Utility say Device Not Found?

Reaction score
I have macOS Mojave v.10.14.6. My Airport Time Capsule was purchased in 2013. It is 5th generation and the firmware is v.7.9.1. I use it as the Access Point for my wireless network. It is in Bridge Mode. It is plugged into a network that already has a router. The Airport Utility says "Device Not Found...[Forget]"? What should I do? Thank you.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

What brand/model is the router it is connected to in Bridge Mode? That may be part of the issue.

C

Reaction score
Actiontec GT784WNV Wireless Gateway
Hello,

What brand/model is the router it is connected to in Bridge Mode? That may be part of the issue.

C
Since I do not see this issue on my iPad (iPadOS 13.2.3) nor my MacBook Pro 2019 (OS 10.15.1) I assume it is related to OS Mojave and I will ignore it. If I need to access the Airport Time Capsule settings in Mojave I can switch my 5Ghz connection to 2Ghz which normally clears the
"!ATC Device Not Found...[Forget] message.

Reaction score
As usual, I just looked at the Airport Utility and now the "!ATC Device Not Found...[Forget]" message is gone and the green status light is back. I am still connected at 5Ghz and I haven't changed anything else.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello again.

-How is it connected to the Actiontec - Wi-Fi or Ethernet?
-What Mac is running Mojave if the MBP and iPad don't have the issue?
-How is that Mac connected - Wi-Fi?

C

Reaction score
Hello again.

-How is it connected to the Actiontec - Wi-Fi or Ethernet?
-What Mac is running Mojave if the MBP and iPad don't have the issue?
-How is that Mac connected - Wi-Fi?

C
1.) Wi-Fi
2.) MacBookPro 2013 Retina display
3.) Yes.

Reaction score
a have same problem too, in safe mod working good. i think mojave have problem, because i tried with 2 macbooks (not the same mac os), still working.

Ask a Question