New to Apple Devices, Do I need another router? Help, please!

Reaction score
Hi Guys....

Complete and utter NEWBIE to macs, imacs, apple-devices, anything apple, really. Only reason I have an iMac is my 'I'm right about everything' father who insists its impossible for a mac to get any kind of virus or whatever.

Also, I fear this question may have already been answered, and I did have a search but couldnt find anything specific to what I want.

Anyway, I am trying to set up a wireless router connection to connect to a Playstation 3.
I am using the Mac OS X 10.6.6 if that means anything to anyone, I have swapped from a Vista machine to this. I am using a cable connection to the internet - and I did have a Belkin 54g Plus Wireless router (Model F5D7231-4) - but I dont think this model is compatible with the Mac.

I have no idea much about wifi or internet connections, rather than most of the time 'it works', so if you could, have abit of patience with me.

I am aware of the airport, but have no idea how to use this bugger - Do I need an external router to make this work?

Ask a Question