new osx applications

Reaction score
recently had to surrender my new imac for what seems to be hardware problems it is a late 2015 3.8 Ghz 21.5 and it was scheduled for a screen issue (dust) before it died...
the hd has an untouched serria operating system, it was put on so the techs could see the screen and the dust spots, none of the apps have been launched and has booted w/o problems, the day after after installing a new ups system it all died ....tested for start up in safe mode, dead.....booted from working i mac, dead....... tried smc restart nothing....... tested power cord ....could not get a response.......... had it with the local apple guru here who has been working on macs for the past 14 years and was told it was a hardware problem, which equals covered by warranty.........while being checked in for the repair i watched one of the desk fellows take an i phone and say to another customer that is going to cost you 2,700 Rs after looking at it for less than second and said its a software problem, i thought if this guy was so good why isnt he in the back with the techies making more than double ....so when it came to my turn the guy says if is a software problem ill have to pay to repair.....so what im looking for are applications and where to find them that show install dates that are integral to the operating system so i can verify the system has or has not been tampered with since it has been their care.......i like being in this country very much and have been here for 10 + years, but you dont get a second bite at the apple if something gets by you ( no pun intended )

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Honestly, it doesn't sound like they are very experienced, and are simply charging software diagnostic fees to determine the issue. If the hard drive had an untouched install of Sierra, then you shouldn't have any personal data exposure, correct? There isn't really an application to gather the information you are looking for. However, you can look at the dates of folders in a Finder window to see when the last updates or modifications were applied.

Does that help any?

C

Reaction score
thanks c,
the problem here isnt so much the expertise as much as it is the scam that frequently accompanies the business world in india....it has been returned working as per the warranty so im not going to question it ....i still have no idea what the problem was but next time it will be with a different service center and "three or four days" wont be 2 weeks....

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries.

I am just glad it's resolved. Definitely a different customer service world there I suppose.

Let us know if you need anything additional.

C

Ask a Question