New iMac “slimmer, sleeker, and significantly faster”

Reaction score
“What was arguably the best desktop computer on the market for the average consumer is slimmer, sleeker, and significantly faster,” says Mike Wendland (Detroit Free Press) of the new models of the iMac. And “perhaps best of all,” he notes, the iMac is less expensive—”by $200 to $300, depending on the model.” Wendland touts the new display: “Its glossy glass finish means colors generally look brighter and bolder than with the matte finish of the previous models.” And he praises the new keyboard: “The most revolutionary design associated with the new iMac is its super-slim aluminum keyboard.The keys are flat, not raised, much like on Apple’s MacBook notebooks, and the whole board is just a third of an inch thick. The keys are a tad bit wider than the old Apple keys, and very easy to type on.”

More...

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
I dropped into my AppleStore when I was in town last week to check these out and I have to admit I'll be sticking to my white iMac C2D .... I personally thought that the aluminium/glass should would have worked better if it had preceeded the white range .... just my opinion ...

At first I would have rushed out to buy one if I could have afforded it but seeing it before me just did nothing for me at all ... can't believe my iMac is on it's way to redundancy so soon in the retail world ....

Ask a Question