My wife's screen saver only sees two photos in her Photos lib

Reaction score
The other day, my wife's screen saver started showing only 2 photos from her photos library. I rebuilt her Photos library on her Big Sur iMac, but that didn't solve it. I was able to "kind of" solve her problem by creating a smart album with photos more recent than 1900, and pointing her screen saver at that album.

But it's weird that pointing to her photo library, she only sees 2 photos. I have the same photos library on my M1 iMac and the screen saver sees all of the photos in it when I point it to the whole library.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

I have seen that happen years ago with older versions of OS X/macOS, especially with Photos libraries that have thousands of photos. I am not sure how to diagnose/troubleshoot it, and I will look into it further.

Glad you have a working solution for now, but I will let you know if I think of or find anything that may help.

C

Ask a Question