My Power Mac G4 won't boot/start HELP!

Reaction score
ok thanks for reading in advance, yesterday I traded my psp for a G4 Power Mac G4 Quicksilver 733. It didn't come with Ram/HD/Keyboard/Mouse. I added one stick of 128 pc-133 ram. And a ATA HD 7200 60 gig Seagate. When all this was installed i press the power button here's what happens. The powerbutton lights up and dims out, the fans spins and thats it!:mad: no BONG!(chime) and no Vid. the HD doesn't spin. I researched the topic and here's what i have tried so far i pressed the PMU button (i held it for 2 seconds and let go) same thing i replaced the battery and nothing:eek: . Any idea's? HELP please... btw i am sixteen so my funds are limited :) lol. sorry for my typing as you can tell i am a teenanger!:rolleyes:

Reaction score
Re: re-boot Power Mac G4 -try this

This was what i was advised to do:
Turn on computer.
All at the same time -press the start button on the computer + Apple/control/alt/ +keys P and R. (Can be done by one, but tricky, so a friend might be useful!)
Worked for me.
Good Luck.

Ask a Question